In 1946, Matt Laurence founded the Oakland practice of Laurence Orthopedic. The corporation has seen four owners and four practices in the subsequent 66 years. In the early eighties three satellite locations were sold to the managing practitioners and these locations grew into Laurence-Farrow, East Bay Orthopedic, and Bay Orthopedic. Hanger Orthopedic eventually bought these three practices.
The original Laurence Orthopedic maintained its presence in the Oakland area. Then in 2005, the practice extended to Concord, when a satellite location opened. The practice is currently staffed by 2 CPO’s, 2 COA’s, 1 board eligible prosthetist, 2 technicians, and 4 office personnel.
Laurence Orthopedic has a strong patient load in scoliosis bracing, clubfoot bracing, and prosthetics. Our primary working philosophy is to provide the simplest solution that corrects the patient’s problem and to match technology to the patient’s needs.
Today’s technology is phenomenal compared to 20-30 years ago. Our staff is trained in the highest levels of competence and is certified by the highest-level bodies. On site, fabrication affords Laurence Orthopedic a great advantage in providing truly customized services, utilizing highly skilled technicians.